Posts for tag: physical therapy
Physical therapy and rehabilitation services are designed to help patients recover, heal, strengthen, and improve/regain mobility and range of motion in cases of chronic pain or after an injury, accident, or illness. Here at Health Pro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, our physical therapist, Chadd Duncan, PT, provides treatment for a range of conditions and injuries ranging from carpal tunnel syndrome to lower back pain—read on to learn if these treatments are right for you!
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation from our Houma Office
For those suffering from chronic pain or recovering from an injury/surgery, physical activity can be a dreaded task. Fortunately, physical therapy and rehabilitation can be used as an invaluable tool to help the body heal and regain mobility.
When is Physical Therapy Necessary?
A doctor may recommend physical therapy rehabilitation for a number of reasons, including recovery from minor injuries and surgery, as well as mobility problems caused by sprains or fractures. Some of the most common conditions and injuries treated with physical therapy and rehabilitation include:
- Sports injuries
- Car accident
- Work-related injuries
- Chronic back pain
- Head injuries
- Degenerative disease
- Joint deterioration
Physical therapy rehabilitation programs are customized to meet each patient's specific needs. For example, while two people may undergo the same type of hip replacement surgery, their physical therapy needs and rehabilitation plans may greatly vary according to a number of factors like their health, medical history, age, lifestyle, and any underlying medical conditions or injuries.
Physical therapy rehabilitation incorporates a range of therapies and treatments such as strength and flexibility training, massage therapy, laser-tissue therapy, and counseling for lifestyle modifications if necessary. Physical therapy is non-invasive and is often a critical part of the healing and recovery process.
Find a Physical Therapist in Houma, LA
For more information about how physical therapy and rehabilitation can help you, contact Health Pro Physical Therapy today by dialing (985) 872-5777 to schedule an appointment.
How physical therapy from your provider in Houma, LA, can help you
Physical therapy services can help you get back on your feet after an injury or accident. Physical therapy can help you heal after surgery. Physical therapy can help you and your body feel great! Chadd Duncan, PT at HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, can help you, your body, and your spirit enjoy good health.
Physical therapy is an important cornerstone in medical treatment. It adds value by helping you heal from:
- Traumatic injuries, vehicle accidents, or sports injuries; physical therapy works to relieve pain associated with muscles, tendons and joints which have experienced traumatic injury. Stretching, strengthening, therapeutic massage, and other services can help you get relief from traumatic injury pain.
- Medical conditions including diabetes, arthritis, and other debilitating medical issues; physical therapy can relieve body pain associated with conditions that compromise your muscles and joints. Body pain can affect your ability to heal and get active again, which in turn affects your outlook on life. Physical therapy can help you get back to living a normal, active life.
- Surgical procedures; physical therapy treatment can help with tissue healing by reducing inflammation and swelling, and increasing range-of-motion. Physical therapy can potentially reduce your downtime after surgery and get you back to your daily activities.
Your physical therapist will use a variety of treatments both in-office and at-home to promote wellness in your body. Some of the many treatments your therapist may recommend include:
- Exercises, to increase strength, flexibility, and function in your muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Massage, to increase circulation, relax your muscles, and relieve body pain
- Education, to help you care for yourself and heal at home
Physical therapy is an important foundation of treatment to get you back to feeling your best. Your physical therapist can help your body heal after a traumatic injury or surgery. Physical therapy is also a way to promote wellness if your body is compromised by a serious medical condition. To find out more about what physical therapy can do for you, call Chadd Duncan, PT at HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, today!
Not sure why you're suffering from neck and back pain? Chadd Duncan, PT of HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA shares a few common causes of neck and back pain and explains how physical therapy can relieve your painful symptoms.
Why do I have pain?
Neck and back pain can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Osteoarthritis: Years of wear and tear can result in osteoarthritis, a condition that occurs when the protective layer of cartilage that covers your joints and discs begins to break down, causing the bones to rub together painfully.
- Sprains and Strains: Sprains and strains can occur if you've been in a vehicular accident, lifted a heavy object or participated in a sport. The injury isn't always apparent immediately. Because it may take a few hours or days for the pain to intensify, you may not even be aware that your symptoms were caused by lifting that bag of mulch or playing a pick-up game of football.
- Poor Posture: Slouching constantly or failing to maintain good posture when you drive or sit at a desk strains your muscles and joints, resulting in pain.
- Text Neck: Text Neck, a recently identified condition, occurs when you frequently look down at a smartphone or iPad. Bending your head downward places a great deal of stress on the bones, muscles, ligaments and joints of your neck and can cause headaches and pain and stiffness in your neck and shoulders. If you don't change the way you hold your phone, text neck can even cause permanent changes to your spine.
- Sleep Habits: Have you ever woken up with a stiff neck or back? Sleeping in unusual positions can cause pain that sometimes last for days.
- Herniated Discs: The vertebrae in your spine are cushioned by soft discs covered by a tough outer coating. A disc becomes herniated when the soft center breaks free of the outer layer.
How can physical therapy help?
During physical therapy in our Houma office, you'll participate in stretching exercises that increase your range of motion and flexibility and exercises and activities that strengthen the muscles that support your joints. Your treatment plan may also include hot or cold packs, massage, electrical stimulation treatment, ultrasound therapy or neck traction.
Ease your neck and back pain with physical therapy. Call Chadd Duncan, PT of HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA at (985) 872-5777 to schedule an appointment.