How your chiropractor in Houma, LA, can help you heal from a shoulder injury.
Injuring your shoulder is easier than you think. Accidents or injuries at work can affect your shoulder, especially if you do a lot of heavy lifting, or you are a carpenter, painter, or construction worker. There are also many sports that can injure your shoulder, including tennis, golf, and basketball. If you are experiencing shoulder pain, you could have a rotator cuff injury.
Whatever has caused your shoulder pain, your chiropractor can help you get relief and get you back to your life. Dr. Patrick Haydel of HealthPRO Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, offers comprehensive chiropractic care, including treatment for rotator cuff injuries and shoulder pain.
The rotator cuff is the area of muscles and tendons surrounding your shoulder joint. The rotator cuff maintains your upper arm in the shoulder socket. You could have a rotator cuff injury if you:
- Feel a deep, dull ache in your shoulder
- Stay awake due to shoulder pain
- Are unable to do easy tasks like grooming
- Feel weakness in your arm and you have lost range-of-motion
If you are experiencing mild shoulder pain, there are some easy steps you can take which might help reduce symptoms. You can try:
- Icing your shoulder for 15 minutes several times each day
- Placing warm, moist heat on your shoulder daily
- Taking over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication
- Wearing a sling to rest your shoulder whenever you can
If you are experiencing moderate to severe shoulder pain, you need to seek out the specialized skills of your chiropractor. At Haydel Chiropractic, common treatments for shoulder pain and rotator cuff injuries include:
- Therapeutic massage
- Deep tissue laser treatment
- Aqua massage therapy
- Physical therapy and stretching exercises
- Manipulation under anesthesia
You don’t have to let shoulder pain put you on the sidelines. To learn more about treatment for rotator cuff injuries and shoulder pain, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Patrick Haydel of HealthPRO Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, at (985) 872-5777. Call today.