Posts for tag: Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
Dislocation occurs when a bone moves out of its normal position in the joint. Areas of the body that tend to be most prone to dislocation include the hips, fingers, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, and toes. After a dislocated joint is set back in place and given time to heal, physical therapy is then needed to improve strength, stability, and range of motion in the joint. At Health Pro Physical Therapy, Chadd Duncan, PT, is your experienced physical therapist for physical therapy in Houma, LA.
Dislocations occur as a result of sports injuries, falls, sustaining a hit to the joint, or some medical conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis. When a joint is dislocated, it will be noticeably out of place. Dislocated joints are also painful. Bruising and swelling often occur, as well, and range of movement will be severely restricted. Setting a dislocated joint back in place should only be performed by a medical professional. Afterward, depending on the severity of the dislocation, the joint might need to remain immobilized for a few days or weeks to fully heal.
Physical therapy of the dislocated joint can begin once the joint has been reset and had time to heal. Physical therapy will help strengthen the joint, increase stability, and restore full range of motion. Physical therapy can include resistance exercises to increase strength and gentle stretching to improve flexibility and range of motion. The overall goal of physical therapy is to rehabilitate the joint so it can return to normal functioning. In Houma, physical therapy for dislocations is available at Health Pro Physical Therapy.
Physical therapy after a dislocation helps rehabilitate the dislocated joint by improving strength, stability, and range of motion. If you need physical therapy in Houma, LA, schedule a consultation with physical therapist Chadd Duncan, or another member of the physical therapy team at Health Pro Physical Therapy, by calling (985) 872-5777.
Physical therapy treats many injuries, conditions, and diseases. Chadd Duncan, PT, your Houma, LA, physical therapist, can help with issues like recovering after an illness or arthritis.
Here's a list of common physical therapies:
- Geriatrics physical therapy focuses on older adults and their mobility. The purpose is to help restore movement and reduce pain while taking into consideration physical limitations. Your Houma doctor treats them for arthritis, cancer, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's disease, joint replacement, and balance disorders.
- Orthopedic physical therapy is most useful for athletes because it restores the musculoskeletal system: joints, tendons, ligaments, and bones. Stretching, strength training, and endurance exercises are examples of treatments used by your doctor.
- Neurological physical therapy focuses on neurological conditions. Your doctor works on treating individuals who suffer from Alzheimer's disease, brain injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injury, and stroke. Treatment plans attempt to teach patients how to adapt to several loss impairments such affecting their vision, balance, mobility, and muscle loss.
- Cardiopulmonary physical therapy helps people with cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions like those who have suffered from heart attacks, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and pulmonary fibrosis. Your doctor wants to help patients improve endurance and functional capabilities.
- Pediatric physical therapy helps adolescents who may be dealing with sports injuries. Treatments include therapeutic exercises and modalities that alleviate pain, regain strength, improves range of motion, children's balance, and flexibility.
Rehabilitation crucial for recovery following serious illnesses, injuries and/or surgeries.
If you have any questions or concerns, call Chadd Duncan, PT a HealthPro Physical Therapy professional in Houma, LA, today!