Posts for tag: Neck Pain
Turn to the drug-free, non-surgical way to alleviate your persistent aches and pain.
Neck and back pain are the two most common issues that people face, whether that's caused by sitting for hours in front of a desk, a generally sedentary lifestyle, or sustaining certain injuries. No matter the cause, our Houma, LA, physical therapist, Dr. Chadd Duncan, has just the chiropractic options to help improve your overall musculoskeletal health while targeting the problems that are leading to your neck and back pain.
What is causing my neck pain?
There are many conditions and injuries that could be held responsible for neck pain. The most common causes of neck pain tend to be injuries such as whiplash, strains, or sprains. Other causes include herniated discs, a pinched nerve, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and fibromyalgia.
What causes back pain?
Some of the same conditions that lead to neck pain can also cause back pain. Common back pain causes include,
- Poor posture
- Strains and sprains
- Bulging or ruptured discs
- Broken bone
When should I seek treatment?
If you’ve been dealing with severe pain, pain that is steadily getting worse, or pain that hasn’t improved in six weeks, then it’s time to seek medical attention. Of course, if your neck or back pain is the result of an injury you should see a doctor immediately to make sure that the injury isn’t severe.
How can a chiropractor help me?
If you are suffering from neck or back pain, you can find the relief you need through physical therapy and chiropractic treatment. Not only can we diagnose the problem, but we can also create an individualized treatment plan to fit your condition and the symptoms that you are experiencing.
Undergoing regular chiropractic adjustments (i.e. spinal manipulation) can help to realign the spine and take pressure off certain nerves, ligaments, and muscles while improving blood flow to these areas and promoting healing. Chiropractic treatment also has the ability to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation, while restoring joint/muscle flexibility and range of motion.
Don’t let pain tell you what you can and can’t do. If neck or back pain is becoming a regular occurrence, then it’s time to turn to HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, for the care you deserve. Dial (985) 872-5777 today!
It's hard to enjoy life when your neck and back hurt constantly. Fortunately, physical therapy can help relieve your pain and improve mobility. Physical therapy is among the services offered by Chadd Duncan, PT at Health Pro Physical Therapy. The Houma, LA, physical therapy practice provides the care you need to return to your usual activities.
What causes neck and back pain?
Common causes of neck and back pain include:
- Posture Issues: Your posture may be perfectly fine when you stand, but what about when you sit? If you work in a job that requires you to sit at a desk all day, you may slouch or hunch over without realizing it. Poor posture causes pain when it stresses the joints and muscles in your neck and back.
- Osteoarthritis: It's not uncommon to develop osteoarthritis as you grow older. The condition occurs when the cartilage that helps cushion the ends of your bones begins to wear away due to wear or tear. When this happens, the bones in the joint rub together when you move, causing pain.
- Text Neck: Would you be lost without your smartphone or tablet? The devices help us stay connected, but they can also cause text neck, a condition that may be responsible for your symptoms. Looking down at digital devices constantly stresses bones, ligaments, joints, and muscles and may even lead to permanent spinal changes.
- Strains and Sprains: Falls, lifting heavy objects, or vehicular accidents can cause you to sprain or strain the muscles in your neck or back. Symptoms don't always occur immediately. In fact, you may not experience any pain until a few days after your injury.
- Herniated Discs: Wear or tear or an accident or fall can cause changes in the soft discs between your vertebrae. When the disc begins to bulge, it may press on nerves, causing numbness, weakness, and pain.
How can physical therapy help me?
Your Houma physical therapist will devise a treatment program based on your specific injury and symptoms. Your plan will probably include strengthening and stretching exercises that will help decrease pain, improve your mobility, and strengthen your muscles. Your physical therapist may also ease your symptoms with heat or cold applications, ultrasound therapy, massage, deep tissue laser therapy, and other treatments.
Relieve your neck and back pain with a visit to Chadd Duncan, PT of Health Pro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, and treatment sessions. Call (985) 872-5777 to schedule an appointment.