How physical therapy from your provider in Houma, LA, can help you
Physical therapy services can help you get back on your feet after an injury or accident. Physical therapy can help you heal after surgery. Physical therapy can help you and your body feel great! Chadd Duncan, PT at HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, can help you, your body, and your spirit enjoy good health.
Physical therapy is an important cornerstone in medical treatment. It adds value by helping you heal from:
- Traumatic injuries, vehicle accidents, or sports injuries; physical therapy works to relieve pain associated with muscles, tendons and joints which have experienced traumatic injury. Stretching, strengthening, therapeutic massage, and other services can help you get relief from traumatic injury pain.
- Medical conditions including diabetes, arthritis, and other debilitating medical issues; physical therapy can relieve body pain associated with conditions that compromise your muscles and joints. Body pain can affect your ability to heal and get active again, which in turn affects your outlook on life. Physical therapy can help you get back to living a normal, active life.
- Surgical procedures; physical therapy treatment can help with tissue healing by reducing inflammation and swelling, and increasing range-of-motion. Physical therapy can potentially reduce your downtime after surgery and get you back to your daily activities.
Your physical therapist will use a variety of treatments both in-office and at-home to promote wellness in your body. Some of the many treatments your therapist may recommend include:
- Exercises, to increase strength, flexibility, and function in your muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Massage, to increase circulation, relax your muscles, and relieve body pain
- Education, to help you care for yourself and heal at home
Physical therapy is an important foundation of treatment to get you back to feeling your best. Your physical therapist can help your body heal after a traumatic injury or surgery. Physical therapy is also a way to promote wellness if your body is compromised by a serious medical condition. To find out more about what physical therapy can do for you, call Chadd Duncan, PT at HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, today!