Posts for: March, 2018
Physical therapy treats many injuries, conditions, and diseases. Chadd Duncan, PT, your Houma, LA, physical therapist, can help with issues like recovering after an illness or arthritis.
Here's a list of common physical therapies:
- Geriatrics physical therapy focuses on older adults and their mobility. The purpose is to help restore movement and reduce pain while taking into consideration physical limitations. Your Houma doctor treats them for arthritis, cancer, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's disease, joint replacement, and balance disorders.
- Orthopedic physical therapy is most useful for athletes because it restores the musculoskeletal system: joints, tendons, ligaments, and bones. Stretching, strength training, and endurance exercises are examples of treatments used by your doctor.
- Neurological physical therapy focuses on neurological conditions. Your doctor works on treating individuals who suffer from Alzheimer's disease, brain injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injury, and stroke. Treatment plans attempt to teach patients how to adapt to several loss impairments such affecting their vision, balance, mobility, and muscle loss.
- Cardiopulmonary physical therapy helps people with cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions like those who have suffered from heart attacks, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and pulmonary fibrosis. Your doctor wants to help patients improve endurance and functional capabilities.
- Pediatric physical therapy helps adolescents who may be dealing with sports injuries. Treatments include therapeutic exercises and modalities that alleviate pain, regain strength, improves range of motion, children's balance, and flexibility.
Rehabilitation crucial for recovery following serious illnesses, injuries and/or surgeries.
If you have any questions or concerns, call Chadd Duncan, PT a HealthPro Physical Therapy professional in Houma, LA, today!