In physical therapy rehabilitation, trained and licensed professionals assess and correct abnormal physical function due to, or related to, for instance, a condition, injury, disease, or disability. Physical therapists help care for their patients all throughout their recovery, from the initial diagnosis to the preventive and restorative stages.
Here at HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA, we offer physical therapy rehabilitation under the expert care of Dr. Patrick Haydel and Chadd Duncan, PT, as a standalone treatment or in support of other rehabilitation treatments.
How You Can Benefit from Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
The benefits that you can derive from physical therapy rehabilitation will depend on why you’re undergoing treatment in the first place, in general, however, the benefits include the following:
- Improved movement, mobility, and range of motion
- Avoiding surgery
- Pain management without or less need for addictive pain medications
- Recovery from trauma or injury
- Improved balance
- Fall prevention
- Easier management of age-related health conditions
- Maximize sports performance and reduced risk of injury
Physical therapists can likewise advise you regarding the benefits of physical therapy rehabilitation specific to your treatment requirements and goals.
Common Conditions Helped by Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
- Hand therapy for hand-related conditions like trigger finger and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction like TMJ or temporomandibular joint disorders, rotator cuff tears, and back pain
- Sports injuries such as tennis elbow and concussion
- Pediatric conditions including muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, and developmental delays
- Neurological conditions like traumatic brain injuries, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injuries, vestibular dysfunction, and multiple sclerosis
What to Expect During Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
When you consult with our physical therapist here at Houma, LA, you will undergo an extensive physical evaluation and examination, which includes your health history as well as testing procedures for assessing your joint motion and muscle performance, posture, flexibility, and movement. You will then receive a treatment plan, prognosis, and treatment goals.
Likewise, you’ll receive specific physical therapy interventions and treatments based on your therapist’s assessment and diagnosis. In addition, you will learn self-management techniques and exercises you can perform at home to maximize all the treatments you’re receiving.
For More Details About Physical Therapy Rehabilitation, Give Us a Call.
Call (985) 872-5777 to book your consultation with Dr. Patrick Haydel or Chadd Duncan, PT, here at HealthPro Physical Therapy in Houma, LA.